Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hello Bulletin Board


I love bulletin boards. They let you display things in a inspiring and impermanent fashion. They also help you keep important things insight and in mind. I've already filled up two large boards with pictures and quotes. I wanted to use the space above my desk to hang photos I liked but I wanted to do it in a creative way. So I created this "hello" bulletin board.


All you need for this project is cork contact paper, a ruler, pencils and scissors. If your doing round letters like "o", you will also need to use a compass.


Draw the letters out on the cork with a pencil. Use a ruler to get perfectly straight edges. Then cut out the letters.


Peel off the contact paper and apply to the wall. 


To add some color to it pin up pictures, newspaper clippings you found interesting, whatever. Old magazines are perfect for this (I used an old Teen Vogue). Display outfit inspiration, quotes form an interview with your favorite celebrity (I have a Lorde quote on the edge of the "O") or that chocolate cake recipe you've been dying to make. 

(magazine clippings)

(give me an "O")

(give me a "E")

("Hello Sunshine")












No comments:

Post a Comment