Thursday, June 5, 2014

Citrus Stamped Wrapping Paper

  I remember when I was little using old vegetables to make stamps. So making this lemon stamped wrapping paper brought back memories of "simpler times".

  It is a really easy project, all you need is paint, a paint brush, butcher paper and a fruit or vegetable to stamp with. I choose a lemon because of their distinctive pattern (and because I had a half of one left over egg lemon soup).


  It's most effective to paint on to the thing your stamping with rather than dunking it into paint. If you wan't various levels of color like I did for mine don't repaint after every stamp.


  This was a fun DIY (isn't it odd how we replace DIY for craft now?) and I'm thinking about using it to make labels and bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment