Friday, June 6, 2014

Going Vintage


Going Vintage a teen novel about a girl (Mallory) who gives up all technology and lives like it's 1962 when she discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her with an online avatar. She also sets out to complete a list her grandmother wrote of things she wanted to do when she was also a junior in 1962. The list includes items like "run for pep club secretary" and "do something dangerous".

 The book is nice fun, light reading with a vintage twist. It would be a great beach read. Mallory's relationship with her sister is really admirable. The characters, like Oliver are so realistic I can imagine them running around my school.  And the ending has a surprising twist.  It is a must read if you like vintage things and/or wan't a fun, lighthearted book.

(from here)

 I enjoyed it because lately i've felt like my generation is some what lacking in face to face communication. Also because recently I interviewed my grandmother about her life during world war 2 for a history project.  I learned a lot about what growing up was like for my grand parents. It made historical events that felt distant feel relatable. 

(P.S. The author Lindsey Leavitt has a pinterest board of her inspiration for the book)





No comments:

Post a Comment